Iptables programming

Johnny Choque jchoque at tlmat.unican.es
Tue Nov 22 13:04:00 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I am trying to do a program to query the internal structure of the
firewalling code. To start, I am following the examples of Querying libiptc
HOWTO but when I compile my program, showed below, I get some compile errors
because I can find the libiptc.h, ipt_kernel_headers.h and iptables.h files.
I have installed the iptables-devel rpm file but the problem is the same.
Anyone have any idea to find a solution for problem?

Regards,

Johnny

#include <getopt.h>
#include <sys/errno.h>
#include <stdio.h>
#include <fcntl.h>
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <string.h>
#include <dlfcn.h>
#include <time.h>
#include "libiptc/libiptc.h"
#include "iptables.h"

int main(void)
{
  iptc_handle_t h;
  const char *chain = NULL;
  const char *tablename = "filter";

  program_name = "p1";
  program_version = NETFILTER_VERSION;

  h = iptc_init(tablename);
  if ( !h )   {
     printf("Error initializing: %s\n", iptc_strerror(errno));
    exit(errno);
  }

  for (chain = iptc_first_chain(&h); chain; chain = iptc_next_chain(&h))  {
    printf("%s\n", chain);
  }

  exit(0);

} /* main */