Granting su rights to users? Using PAM and Kerberos...

Daniel B. Thurman dant at cdkkt.com
Tue Nov 22 15:18:52 UTC 2005

Thanks for responding, Dan.  A respondent asked me to see
if perhaps /bin/su was in mode 4755 and it wasn't so that
was the reason for the denial of su root by a normal user.

I guess my /bin and /sbin and who knows where else has improper
chmod/chown settings.  Need to figure out how to restore these.

Kind regards,
Dan