Installation method

THUFIR HAWAT hawat.thufir at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 05:30:09 UTC 2005

On 11/23/05, Michael A. Peters <mpeters at mac.com> wrote:
..
> > Does this follow,
> > that the CDROM drive can read *some* of the disc, but not
> > enough to install from?
>
> It's possible - can you swap out the cdrom with another machine just to
> install?

heh, I might be in this boat because I screwed up installing the NIC's
in the first place.

> The other possibility (I had to do this with Debian once) is that it is
> improperly setting up the fstab for whatever reason on that machine -
> and you need to edit the fstab to point to the correct device before it
> will mount it for installation.
..

Hmm, the iso would have to be unpacked, modified, re-iso'ed?  I'm
trying to get a good download of gnoppix as an alternate.

I have tomsrtbt working, perhaps I could copy from the cd-rom to the
hard drive?  Perhaps in that case I'd need source, which'd mean
compiling.  I'm not sure I want to go that route if that's what's
entailed.

-Thufir