Can't access one particular web site

Jonathan Ryshpan jonrysh at
Wed Nov 23 21:25:36 UTC 2005

The system on which I'm writing this can't access .
Another system with the same network interface (A 2-Wire Home Portal
attached to a DSL line) has no trouble.  Typical results are from

        Firefox: could not be found. Please check the name
        and try again.
        $ host has address
        Host not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
        Host not found: 3(NXDOMAIN)
        $ ping
        ping: unknown host
However, which has the same IP address, seems to work much
        $ host has address mail is handled by 10 mail is handled by 20
        $ ping
        PING ( 56(84) bytes of data.
        64 bytes from icmp_seq=0 ttl=235 time=192 ms
        64 bytes from icmp_seq=1 ttl=235 time=192 ms
I'm running FC4 with the latest upgrades on an AMD x86-64 system, all
latest upgrades installed.  My other system (which has no trouble) is
FC4, slightly out of date, on an i686 system.

What's going on?  Does my computer have a virus?

Thanks - jon