re new FC4 installation

Garth Crocker garth at solar-total.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Nov 24 15:49:24 UTC 2005

I'm a newbie and have successfully installed Fedora Core 4 but have two
problems. Both apply whether I'm using Gnome or KDE.
1) Totem refuses to run. I see a single momentary flash of it on-screen
then get a message that says 'Totem could not start up. Resource busy or
not available.'
2) The screensaver refuses to run. In KDE it offers options and lists
various screensavers, but none of them will run. In Gnome I don't even
get that.
Any advice would be most welcome. My knowledge of Linux is very limited,
but I'm managing to use this set-up for virtually all of my home and
on-line purposes.

Many thanks.

GC.