Is Helix Player usefull?

Ed Landaveri ed7tux at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 25 06:50:57 UTC 2005

According to SANS.ORG (Top 20 network security threats) Helix Player and Real Player have holes that could allow an intruder to take over your box. Someone else adviced you to switch to XINE, I did it (instead of usit Totem) and it works beautifull. I installed the libraries (all of them) and the front end. I can play DVD's and most of movie file formats. Remove Helix put Xine to work and you'll be happy.

 Eddie

 Yahoo! Personals
 Lot's of someone's, actually. Try Yahoo! Personals