Fwd: [Contributors] Microsoft Windows Is Offically Broken

John Summerfied debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Fri Nov 25 22:26:45 UTC 2005

Strong wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-10-03 at 12:12 -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
>
>>If you resent paying RH for support, you should be really happy
>>to find the Centos distribution...
>
> Can You explain a bit on this? Why paying for RH support, can I not just
> download RH system and enjoy using it? Then, why CentOS?!

I've not seen what went before.

You cannot download the binaries for RHEL. You _can_ download the source
and build it yourself if you have a suitable build platform (FC3 is
probably good to start with, but build, install the result, build again
to be sure) or you can download one of the clones whose providers have
done the build-from-source trick.

--

Cheers
John