Fwd: [Contributors] Microsoft Windows Is Offically Broken

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sat Nov 26 03:52:27 UTC 2005

Strong wrote:

>On Sun, 2005-10-02 at 10:20 -0400, Jim Cornette wrote:
>

>>Wordperfect 6 for Linux which was capable of running Windows 3.1 apps.
>>believe the article is from 1997 timeframe though.
>>

>Is wordperfect not a text processor? How does it run an application?!

The concept  was  to load wordperfect under Linux. Also WordPerfect was
working on a program that was able to run Microsoft applications under
Linux. MicroSoft bought WordPerfect out and closed development on the
project and stripped out the code WordPerfect developed for the feat.
I was going to buy it when it came out. I believe there was a version of
WordPerfect Linux that actually made it to the stores. I do not know
whatever happened to the information on the web.
I'll try WordPerfect Linux to see what comes up.
What is a competent search engine? Google seems to be falling apart. It
could not find the sun in midday now.

Jim

--
Life is to you a dashing and bold adventure.