[Fedora] Re: gcc questions

Ashley M. Kirchner ashley at pcraft.com
Sat Nov 26 23:05:36 UTC 2005

Dotan Cohen wrote:

>Thank you, it compiled now. I just spacebar'ed about 100 times in the
>gcc man page looking for the "m" option that you mention. I did find
>the "l" option (search the library named library when linking), but
>not the "m" option.

    The 'm' (in THIS case*) is not a gcc option, it's a library, namely
the math library.

    -l<library>

    You can compile against a bunch of different library, depending on
what your program is calling for.  For example, if you're going to be
using SSL functions, then you'll have to link -lssl.

    * gcc's -m is for emulation

--
R | I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.