Screen power saving

Eric Tanguy eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr
Sat Nov 26 22:28:14 UTC 2005

Le samedi 26 novembre 2005 à 12:56 -0600, Kenny Gow a écrit :
> On 11/26/05, Eric Tanguy <eric.tanguy at univ-nantes.fr> wrote:
> > >
> > > Post your xorg.conf file for others to comment on it.
> > >
> > OK here is :
> > # XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config
> >

> >         Option      "dpms" "true"
>
> In the Monitor section of my xorg.conf, my DPMS line
> looks like this:
>
>         Option      "DPMS"
>
> If I am logged in, the xscreensaver program takes care of
> blanking and suspending my monitor.
>
> If my computer is at the graphical login screen, then this
> section of my xorg.conf takes care of screen blanking,
>
> Section "ServerFlags"
>         Option      "BlankTime" "10"
>         Option      "StandbyTime" "0"
>         Option      "SuspendTime" "15"
>         Option      "OffTime" "0"
> EndSection
>
> See the man page for xorg.conf to get definitions of these
> options.

My problem is when the computer is at the graphical login screen. If i
read well the man pages for xorg.conf it seems to be enough to put
Option "DPMS" in the monitor section and all the values you can put in
ServerFlags section have already default value so it would be good out
of the box but out of the box this configuration did not work that's why
i tried to put values in xorg.conf.
I'm not at work now so i will try it on tuesday but i think this would
be good out of the box and it didn't.
Thanks

--
Eric Tanguy | Nantes, France