Fc4 Crached or Hacked..

Anil Kumar Sharma xplusaks at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 09:18:52 UTC 2005

Thanks AP,

First priority is to recover from this mess.
I will also blame it on faulty hardware at last, if nothing else comes out,
but will reconsider if my FC4 recovers and works for minimum one month. Root
cause of hardware problem may be power supply wattage, in my case, bcoz that
is the weak link at this time.
BTW, I download RPMs and absolutely no yum, no up2date, no apt, or likewise.
This means resolving deps manually.
I do have some strategy for backup but not a good one to boast about.
It resides inside LVM! - I am facing that music and learning ability to
enjoy it.

On 11/27/05, Arthur Pemberton <pemboa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Well for the files, you need to reinstall the following packages: libacl,
> pcre and db4. The versions of these packages current with your system may
> still reside in your yum cache. If not, google for a fedora rpm source like
> this one: ftp://fr.rpmfind.net/linux/fedora/core/4/i386/os/Fedora/RPMS/
>
> I have no idea how this happened to you. I suspect it to be faulty
> hardware, specifically to do with your harddrive, but I just don't know. I
> would suggest investing your time in setting up a backup strategy for the
> future, so you can easier recover from such problems.
>
> Good luck.
>
>  On 11/26/05, Anil Kumar Sharma <xplusaks at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  Fedora Friends and experts
> >  kindly help solve this problem,
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-November/msg03960.html
> > Please see last post
> > https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2005-November/msg04107.html
> > Thanks in advance
> > --
> > Anil Kumar Shrama
> >
> > --
> >

> --
> As a boy I jumped through Windows, as a man I play with Penguins.
> --

Anil Kumar Shrama