about multi-booting

Felix Miata mrmazda at ij.net
Sun Nov 27 11:04:25 UTC 2005

LC wrote:

> Always install windows into the 1st partition of hdd

Or not. I never do on any multiboot system. Usually I put doze boot on
hda3 (C:) and doze OS on hda9 or hda10 (D:, FAT32 or NTFS), depending on
how many partitions I use for Linux ahead of it on disk. Doze only needs
a smallish type 0x06 (FAT16B) partition (roughly 40MB or 5 LBA
cylinders) to find its boot files and use as temporary storage for
initial installation. This actually makes the inevitable doze
reinstallation down the road easier. It's really silly to put the junk
OS on the faster part of a disk ahead of Linux. See more at URI below.
--
"I can do all things through Him who gives me strength."
                                                Philippians 4:13 NIV

 Team OS/2 ** Reg. Linux User #211409

Felix Miata  ***  http://members.ij.net/mrmazda/partitioningindex.html