2 cron problems

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Nov 27 11:49:26 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 06:03 -0500, Franck Y wrote:
> I have two cron problem !
>  I receive this on my mail , one coming from Cron
> <root at xxxxxxx> run-parts /etc/cron.weekly the other one from Cron
> <root at xxxxxxx> run-parts /etc/cron.daily
>

> The message from <root at xxxxxxx> run-parts /etc/cron.daily is
> /etc/cron.daily/00webalizer:
>
> Warning: Truncating oversized hostname
> Skipping bad record (1)
> Warning: Truncating oversized hostname
> Skipping bad record (2)

I've seen the same thing, it seems webalizer does a bad job of handling
some entries in the Apache webserver log files.  When I've manually
parsed the lines of the log it's complained about, the hostnames are not
too big, they're just bigger than what webalizer cares for.

> The message from <root at xxxxxxx> run-parts /etc/cron.weekly is
>
> /etc/cron.weekly/makewhatis.cron:
>
> gawk: cmd. line:173: (FILENAME=- FNR=1) fatal error: internal error
> /usr/sbin/makewhatis: line 145: 14635 Done

I don't know about the second one, but I've never seen it with mine.

--
Don't send private

I read messages from the public lists.