Wine performance bad on FC4.

Philippe Anctil z77y16 at hotmail.com
Sun Nov 27 16:25:02 UTC 2005

> > Back with Wine 20031212, I installed and played Warcraft 3 on RedHat9.
>It
> > ran very nicely.
> >
> > I came back to Wine recently and thought it be fun to try Warcraft 3
>again.
> > I installed Wine 0.9.1 on my Fedora Core 4 system and reinstalled
>Warcraft
> > 3. Problems started I began playing. To my surprise, many actions cause
> > very perceptible pauses (ex 1/2 to 1 sec).

> > I reinstalled RH9 on a free partition and confirmed Warcraft 3 plays
>much
> > smoother on that version.

>try the old wine build on fc4... thats what id try to do. create
>proper traces... comment on appdb.winehq.org. and keep the info
>flowing to the wine list (because only people that can really help you
>to identify the problems are upstream developers.)

I have reinstalled a fresh FC4 on which WC3 did not have problems running. I
think some apt package upgrade must have went wrong at some point on my main
install, or something very specific is wrong with my config.

So it seems it is neither a FC4 nor Wine pb.

I tried reinstalling old wine version but it wouldn't compile.