gcc questions

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 19:14:08 UTC 2005

On 11/27/05, Amadeus W. M. <amadeus84 at cablespeed.com> wrote:
> It seems that you're really beginning with C. You asked, and you got
> good, specific advice. But it won't be very easy to learn C from the gcc
> man page. A good C book will be a good investment. If you decide to buy
> one, let it be "The C Programming Language" by Kernighan & Ritchie - the
> very authors of C. It is the best book on C. Similarly, if you ever want
> to learn C++ get Stroustrup's "The C++ Programming Language". Any
> university library should have them.
>
> Oh, yeah, and you may want to check out the compiler specific newsgroups,
> like gnu.gcc.help or gnu.g++.help.

I do have that book! Excellent resource. But I have just started
reading it and have not yet gotten to the discussion of compilers
in-depth. Actually, in the foreward the authors say that they will NOT
discuss that in the book, as the book is intended for C coders and not
for those who are writting C compilers (even if they are writing them
in C).

Dotan Cohen
http://technology-sleuth.com/technical_answer/what_is_a_cellphone.html
'