Compusa 54MB Wireless G PC Card for Fedora4

David G. Miller (aka DaveAtFraud) dave at davenjudy.org
Mon Nov 28 05:26:34 UTC 2005

mcfreemind at gmail.com wrote:

> On 11/27/05, *Rey Cruz* <crxtasy_13 at sbcglobal.net
> <mailto:crxtasy_13 at sbcglobal.net>> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, 2005-11-27 at 19:04 -0800, Min Chen wrote:
>     > Dave,
>     >
>     > Thanks for the info!   I did "lspci -v" as root but got
>     "-bash:lspci:
>     > command not found".
>     > I have Kernel 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4 on an i686.
>     >
>     > Thanks,
>     > Min
>

>     It looks like you just did su instead of su - (gives full path). I
>     think you can just do  /sbin/lspci -v as a regular user instead of
>     changing to root.
>
>     Rey Cruz
>

>    Thanks, Rey.
>    /sbin/lspci works but I couldn't find any subsystem for "wireless
> adaptor".
>
>    -Min

With the card inserted you can also try:

 sudo cardctl ident

or su to root (su -) and try the same command.  I had a similar problem
with earlier FC4 kernels (no PCMCIA support for my chipset) so be sure
you are running the most recent kernel.  If FC4 still doesn't identify
the card, it's possible that your PCMCIA controller isn't supported.
The card may not be either but "cardctl ident" should tell you something

Dave