installation problem

akonstam at trinity.edu akonstam at trinity.edu
Tue Nov 29 01:11:19 UTC 2005

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 04:05:18PM -0800, Nair Prajit wrote:
> Dear All
>

> My system configuration :
>
> Harddisk : 80GB SATA Seagate
>
> Monitor : TFT-LCD, TG
>
> Processor : AMD 2800+
>
> Mother board : AMD series
>

> Problem : While installing Fedora, I am able to install upto keyboard
> selection window.
>
> During partition it's asking manual /auto. When an option is selected it's
> saying an error that no hardrives found on the system.
>
> Apart from that at the start of installation it's asking for device drivers.
>

> How to solve this problem?
>
> Regards
> --
> S.PRAJIT NAIR
Well here is what I have found in cases with SATA drives. In our SATA
drive systems I had to change the BIOS option for the SATA drive
before fedora could successfully handle the disks. This is not a
guarantee that this will work for you but just an observation on out
Dell Precision 380 systems.

You know what they say -- the sweetest word in the English language is revenge.
		-- Peter Beard
Aaron Konstam
Computer Science
Trinity University