newest(-3.19) selinux?

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Nov 29 18:02:49 UTC 2005

Ian Malone wrote:
>>> I see there's an updated selinux-policy-targeted.
>>> I'm currently 1.17.30-3.16, newest is 1.17.30-3.19
>>> Has anyone had any trouble with this?

Steven Stern:
>> After installation, I get this when running yum, between the download
>> and the installation:
>>
>> Transaction Test Succeeded
>> Running Transaction
>> /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:  line 825 has invalid context system_u:object_r:lvm_exec_t
>> /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:  line 1572 has invalid context system_u:object_r:slapd_lock_t
>> /etc/selinux/targeted/contexts/files/file_contexts:  line 1579 has invalid context system_u:object_r:slapd_cert_t

I saw the same thing while the kernel was being updated.  I had updated
the selinux RPMs beforehand, doing the kernels as a second run of
updates.

Oddly enough, if I view that file, it's almost empty (there is no line
825).

--- begin paste of entire file_contexts file ---

# Distro-specific customizations.

# Comment out all but the one that matches your distro.
# The policy .te files can then wrap distro-specific customizations with
# appropriate ifdefs.

--- end paste of entire file_contexts file ---

I read messages from the public lists.