How to disable "acpi poweroff" in shutdown script?

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 20:31:24 UTC 2005

On 11/28/05, Petr Fischer <petr.fischer at praguesoft.cz> wrote:
> Hi, please, how to easily and systemically disable acpi poweroff
> switching when calling "shutdown" in Fedora Core? (I need only "halt
> state" after shutdown - for UPS workflow). Understand?

Are you looking for the behavior of the command "shutdown -h" ?  From
the man page:

-h     Halt after shutdown.

This is as opposed to:

-r     Reboot after shutdown.

--
Chris

"`The enemy we fight has no respect for human life or human rights.
They don't deserve our sympathy,' he said. `But this isn't about who
they are. This is about who we are. These are the values that
distinguish us from our enemies.' - Sen. John McCain, R-Arizona