graphical ftp client

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Nov 30 04:43:58 UTC 2005

rwhart at mchsi.com wrote:

>sorry for the repost, I didn't relealize the subject line was still blank when I
>sent it!
>
>Hi all,
>
>Can one of you recommend the best graphical FTP client for FC4 that is available
>as open source and is available as an rpm?
>
>Tnx

There is a program for GNOME called gftp. It is "available" on the
installation discs and also you could download and install it via yum.
Try 'yum install gftp' - answer yes to install and you should find the
ICON under Applications -> Internet -> gFTP
It comes up with an address bar to enter the site, two panes for file
transfer, (left for local machine, right for remote host)

Midnight Commander also is a decent visual, but non-GUI program that is
useful for ftp transfers.
'yum install mc' - then type mc in the command shell to launch the
program, (F9 to activate menu, choose either the left or right panel.
then choose FTP link and type the URL in the dialog box. It also is
handy for SAMBA connections.

Jim

--
Fundamentally, there may be no basis for anything.