YAYP - Yet Another Yum Problem

Christopher A. Williams chrisw01 at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 13:49:51 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 15:59 -0600, STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) wrote:
> > Forge has to
> > > >

> I have been reading through the http://rpmforge.net web pages and
> trying to work out the relationship between the Dag and rpmforge
> repositories.  Is there overlap between the two?
>
> The list of rpms at http://rpmforge.net/user/packages/rpmforge-release/
> which can be used to activate the rpmforge repository under yum and other
> update tools references both Dag and Dries, so there must be some connection.
>
> Is there merit in having both the Dag and rpmforge repositories active at
> the same time?

Dag is one of the organizers behind rpmforge. As such his repositories
are part of it. There really is no difference per se other than that you
could probably consider Dag's repositories one of the rpmforge mirrors.
I'll defer to Dag and Axel for the details. They show up on this list
occasionally. Nice guys too...

Cheers,

Chris

--