SSh, Apache implementation

STYMA, ROBERT E (ROBERT) stymar at lucent.com
Wed Nov 30 20:44:56 UTC 2005

> Robert,
>
> You told me to do
> mount -t nfs titanic:/home/documents /var/www/html/databse
> /home/documents has user right.
> How the system will be able to acess it ?
> But
Oops, the mount would be done on titanic and should read:

mount -t nfs databse:/home/documents /var/www/html/databse

Some days I cannot paste correctly.  Sorry.

The existing empty directory
named /var/www/html/database on titanic will be overlaid by the
mount point.  /var/www/html is the default place the Linux apache
looks for documents to server.  If you have changed this in the
configuration script (or utility) then put the mount in the appropriate
place.  Thus:
http://titanic/database/some_file.html  will reference the file in
/home/docuements on databse.

When you get this working to your satisfaction using a manual mount
command, you may want to update /etc/fstab to do the mount at boot
time.  This can cause complications however if titanic gets booted
when databse is off.  Another approach is to use the automounter
to do the mount.

Bob Styma