Graphic problems on new installation of FC4

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 23:17:30 UTC 2005

I just replaced Win98 with Fedora Core 4 on a friends' computer: AMD
550, 128MB RAM. Now, he can work for a limited amount of time (between
20-150 minutes), then the computer gets stuck. Not even the mouse
works. He can, however, switch to a console with CTR-ALT-F1.

When restarted, there is no graphical mode, only console. If he lets
the computer sit for a few hours, he can boot up a graphical screen,
but after some time the problem reoccurs. Nothing in the computer
(open case) seems unusually hot, which was my first thought.

Any ideas on where to look? Thank you.

Dotan Cohen
http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/biography/330/mcbride_martina.php
McBride, Martina Song Lyrics and Biography
?