[SOLVED] Multi-session CDROM access... How?

Mike McCarty mike.mccarty at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 6 20:37:02 UTC 2005

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Tim wrote:
>

>> Is the next session set up to add to the previous (importing the
>> directory structure) or start afresh (just using up the left over space
>> instead of a new disc)?
>>
>> There are various different ways of using multi-session discs.
>>

> I don't know. When I created the disc, it seemed odd to me that
> the default was "Fixate". ISTM that one wouldn't want to fixate
> after writing to a multi-session. BUT when I deselected that option,
> a pop-up warned me that it might create a disc which was unusable.
>
> I have tried
>
>     # mount -O session=<n> /mnt/cdrom
>
> with <n> in the range 0 to 4 inclusive, and always see the files
> from the second session I created, but none of the files I put
> on the disc with the first session.
>
> Mike

Ok, when I do this:

# mount -o session=0 /mnt/cdrom

I get the first session I wrote, and when I do this:

# mount -o session=1 /mnt/cdrom

I get the second session.

The man page showed the upper-case "O", and mount did not complain
when I used the "-O", but still only gave me the second session.

When I use the "-o" rather than "-O" I can get the various sessions.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.