Setting Up Linksys Wireless Internet with Fadora

Jeff Vian jvian10 at charter.net
Thu Sep 1 12:46:18 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 22:53 -0700, Monkey Pet wrote:
> I used ndiswrapper on multiple laptops and pci cards without any hitch
> so far.  But for a newbie ndiswrapper might hard to deal with since:
> 1.  You need to recompile the kernel, since the default fedora kernel
> uses 4k stacks.
You MAY need to recompile the kernel.  Only those who experience the
lockups when using the default kernel need to consider that.
A lot of us don't need to, and if we do the kernel rpm with 16K stack is
available from linuxant.com
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/full/downloads-fc3-kernel-
i686.php
http://www.linuxant.com/driverloader/wlan/full/downloads-fc4-kernel-
i686.php

> 2.  You need to compile ndiswrapper.
True
> 3.  You need to configure ndiswrapper.
Only so far as installing the windows drivers, which you need to do on
any system the adapter is put into ( Windows, Linux, etc.).