how smart will wireless be in FC5?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at redhat.com
Thu Sep 1 18:45:19 UTC 2005

Les Mikesell wrote:

>On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 10:36, Timothy Murphy wrote:
>

>>Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>

>>>When new updates are available in the maintained versions, they are
>>>called erratas to differentiate them from updates in say the development
>>>tree
>>>

>>Puzzling terminology?
>>

>It makes sense for a distribution with a policy of not adding new
>features in updates to a release.  Those updates are only supposed
>to contain backported bugfixes for errors in the versions shipped
>with the release.

The updates policy has nothing to do with the terminology. I am not sure
whats the confusion about it. If you want to talk about the policy
regarding updates.  New disruptive features tend to go into the
development tree which is not called an errata. Updates in the
maintained versions, stick close to upstream in Fedora

regards
Rahul