dvips options

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Thu Sep 1 18:47:03 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 09:10 -0700, Michael A. Peters wrote:

> It does get done a4 by online - but portrait, so I have to rotate it to
> properly view it.

I got a response from Adobe -

They do not support multipage landscape A4 (what I need for prosper
slide shows) through online encoding, even if the postscript file is
correct.

I have to use distiller from Acrobat Standard or Pro on a PC to be able
to do it.
Ah well - guess I'll use ps2pdf for prosper slide shows, and whenever
there is an issue caused by ps2pdf (occasionally letters will be placed
on top of each other, especially if I don't use the default (CM?) fonts
but specify times or pslatex or something) send the ps file to dad - who
has windows (shame on him, until he retired he was a Solaris/AIX/Linux
university admin) and Acrobat Pro.