Problem with POSTFIX users

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Thu Sep 1 19:47:09 UTC 2005

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005, CHAT KHODA wrote:

> Dear friends,
> I have a Postfix mail server machone(FC4),I wonder to
> know what is your opinion about this problem:
> As you know we have several types of lookup tables to
> faciliate offering service for several domains on one
> mail server machine.But I would like to know "Can we
> have two users with the same name in this
> configuration?".
> I asked this due to the fact that , I have noticed
> that all of the mthods in postfix docs suggest using
> Unix accounts finally and using aliases and other
> tricks will not get rid us of this dependency(will
> they?).

You cannot do it with unix accounts. See below.

> To sum up,
> May I have 2 users on a postfix mail server :
> sales at natix.info
> sales at julix.com

Sure why not. Those names are not the same. Postfix does not
care if configured correctly.

Suggest you read here: http://www.postfix.org/VIRTUAL_README.html and
the other docs @ http://www.postfix.org/documentation.html. You might might
want to get a copy of "The Book of Postifx" by Hildebrandt and Koetter. This
book is very good at explaining how to configure complex postfix installations
in a simple way.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com