squid proxy question

freejay at tri-isys.com freejay at tri-isys.com
Fri Sep 2 09:09:24 UTC 2005

Hi,

I noticed that whenever I go to a particular ftp site (e.g.
ftp://ftp.somewhere.com), using my browser, it returns an error message. This
happens whenever the proxy server is enabled in my browser. There is a
firewall between my machine and the internet and it is configured to allow my
PC to perfrom ftp download from any ftp site. I was able to do a workaround
for this by putting ftp.somewhere.com in the browser's proxy setting's
exceptions list. But I'm thinking this is so much hassle just to add URLs at
the exceptions list. Is there a way to configure it in the proxy server's
side so that I do not have to add URL's in the exceptions list? Thanks