Searching for a pci graphic card under fc4

Klaasjan Brand klaasjan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 14:19:20 UTC 2005

On 9/2/05, Olaf Mueller <daily-planet at istari.de> wrote:

> does anybody know a well supported pci (not agp) graphic card to use
> under fc4? At the moment I have a ATI Radeon 7000 pci graphic card
> which seems to me is *not* well supported under fc4.
> Thanks!

What do you want to do with it? I don't think xorg supports any pci-only 3d
card. Maybe the proprietary nvidia driver will support their pci graphics
cards although I believe they lately dropped support for some of the older
TNT cards.
For 2d, the Matrox cards were a long time the best you could get, but there
are some issues with those in FC4 so you may need to do some research to get
them to work correctly.

Klaasjan