upgrading spamassassin

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Sep 3 03:02:03 UTC 2005

--On Friday, September 02, 2005 9:46 PM -0500 Raymond Norton
<admin at lctn.org> wrote:

> I have a Fedora core 2 server running spamassassin 2.6. I attempted to
> install 3.x, but I am getting many missing deps. I did a yum update, but
> it says my version is up to date. Is it possible to install 3.0 without
> too much trouble?

Funny you ask. I'm about to upgrade my FC2 systems from SA 3.1rc1 to rc2.

You can easily build your own RPM using the tarball from the SA website.
Change the ownership of /usr/src/redhat to your favorite non-root user:

chown -R ken.ken /usr/src/redhat

Make sure you have the rpm-build package installed. Then run the command
given on the SA download page:

rpmbuild -tb Mail-SpamAssassin-3.0.4.tar.gz

You'll now have an RPM under /usr/src/redhat/RPMS.