rsync errors

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Sun Sep 4 15:06:48 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-09-04 at 09:33 -0500, Mike McGrath wrote:

> > Anyone having rsync problems in the last day or two?  Nothing
> > on my systems have been changed, so it has to be a
> > program/kernel/something problem.
>
> Could be a firewall/permissions/crontab change problem.  What are you
> trying to do and what errors are in your logs?  Can what you're trying
> to do be done manually?

It's a cron job that runs daily and quarterly, but neither work.  All
other cron jobs work, so it's not cron, or doesn't seem to be.  If you
try to run rsync manually, it just sits there and does nothing, and have
to hit Ctrl + C to exit and abort.  I think rsync itself is erroring,
just not sure where.  And no it's not a firewall as I don't run one (use
a router).  Although, dnsmasq is what I run for local dns and it was
updated in the last day or two.  I think I might need to investigate
this a little further.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Everything is always harder, before it's easier!