Internet Explorer 6 under Wine

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Sun Sep 4 19:19:16 UTC 2005

On Sun August 21 2005 10:39 pm, Mariano Draghi wrote:

> Incidentally, I installed wine yesterday. I compiled from source the
> last release (20050725) w/o problems (previous releases had issues with
> GCC4)

I have a question regarding this. In the readme, it states that XFree86-devel
is needed, but FC4 doesn't use XFree86 but xorg-x11, correct? Do you know if
xorg-x11-devel is a suitable replacement for the XFree86-devel requirement?
Is that what you did?

> I also installed IE6 after that. I didn't use winetools, as wine
> recently has changed many things in the way it manages its
> configuration, and winetools is no longer compatible with it (or the
> compatibility is not tested at best...)
>
> I followed the method described at Frank's Corner:
> http://frankscorner.org/index.php?p=ie6
> which is tested on wine 20050725

On that page, he actually describes 3 methods: the sidenet utility, winetools
(which I know you've stated above won't work), and a third way which he
describes as a series of steps. Did you use sidenet or the series of steps he
outlined?

--
Claude Jones
Bluemont, VA, USA