running FC2 x86_64 on 3 production servers is it time to upgrade ?

James Wilkinson fedora at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon Sep 5 00:18:18 UTC 2005

Vikas Kedia wrote:
> My options at this point:
> 1. Go RHEL4.1/centos
> 2. go fedora core 4
>
> I am leaning towards RHEL4.1/centos since:
> 1. these are production servers, hence its difficult
> to reinstall them approximately every 9 months.
>
> 2. But will i be missing out on performance
> improvements since RHEL4.1/Centos take 18 months for
> each new release.

It depends a bit on what you're running on those servers, but by this
point there's unlikely to be any major performance improvements from one
version of FC to another, at least for server roles.

Sounds like you're in the "target market" for RHEL or Centos.

James.

--
E-mail address: james | Strangely enough, this last one is interrupted by
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper.