chinese input program

Rick Chen ver2.02 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 5 05:39:02 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-05 at 06:50 +1000, Graham S. Green wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Is anyone aware of a good Chinese input program that allows me to type in
> pinyin and i can then select the characters I want and it then inserts those
> characters into Open Office or any type of document?.  Also, to be able to
> switch between Traditional and Simplified systems and finally, be able to
> convert from characters back to Pinyin?
>
> Any recommendations or non-recommendations?
>
> Thanks
>
> Graham

Smart Common Input Method platform project, SCIM, which provides not
only a user friendly, full featured input method user interface for *nix
(including Linux, FreeBSD and more), but also a development platform to
make input method development easier.
http://www.scim-im.org/

package is available in extra for fedora 4.