Print jobs not printing thru cups

Michael Lai ml at michael.lai.name
Mon Sep 5 16:28:03 UTC 2005

Jeff Vian wrote:

>This does not sound like a printer error since the local FC box where
>they are connected can use them.  It sounds more like a connection
>error, possibly samba related.
>
>Can the windows boxes remove the printers then re-add them by browsing
>for them?
>
>Have you tried using IPP to connect instead of samba?

Yes, I can remove the printers and then re-add again with no problem.
However, I would like to add that after I added them, I would get the
printer status "Access denied" (or something similar - I can't remember
exactly since I am not at the FC machine right now).  I didn't mention
this before because I didn't want to complicate the problem.  However,
earlier on, despite the "Access denied" message, my colleagues could
still print.  I am trying various samba config in the printer section
such as setting "use client driver = yes" and the printer status would
turn to Ready but the print jobs still fail to print right now.

Sorry but what is IPP?