Scanner Support

Chris Spencer gmane.20.evilspam at spamgourmet.com
Mon Sep 5 22:07:04 UTC 2005

When I try to acquire an image with the GIMP, my scanner starts making a
terrible buzzing/grinding noise and the GIMP only acquires static. The
scanning head is unlocked, and I haven't had any problems with the
scanner on Windows, so I'm confused as to why I'm experiencing this
problem. I have a Canon Canoscan N676U flatbed scanner, which is listed
at http://www.buzzard.me.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html as being
supported by the Plustek Sane backend. My Sane version is 1.0.15 and I'm
using all the default settings in Fedora Core 4.

Does this sound like a Sane/Plustek problem, or is my scanner somehow
damaged? I just plugged the scanner into a Windows machine and was able
to use it without any problems.

Any help is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Chris Spencer