Software to test fixed system

C.F. Scheidecker Antunes nando at antunes.eti.br
Tue Sep 6 01:35:30 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I have a Compaq Server with a Raid 3200 Smart Array card and a few HDs.
This computer has given me problems in the past as when the I/O activity
was on a normal level it would reboot. It had FC3 and now FC4. I have
replaced the smart array card and I needed to have this system tested
before hauling it to the Data Center which is 55 miles away.

What I want is to test it at least for 24 with a high activity I/O
application that would run uninterrupted for at least 24 hours.

So if it does not reboot then I know it is ok. Of course, the
manufacturer's diagnostic utilities confirm that the system is OK. But I
need to make sure.

In fact, in the past this was used as a MySQL server and it would reboot
every time it crashed. This is a Compaq thing due to the Smart Array
card. So if there is an app that would heavily run the MySQL server in a
loop that would be great as well.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

C.F.