apache: problem viewing PNGs

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Tue Sep 6 11:37:06 UTC 2005

I'm running apache on my desktop,
and viewing web-files on the desktop from my laptop.

I'm running a program which writes PNG files in /var/www/cgi-bin/
and then writes an html file (also in cgi-bin)
which includes these PNG files.
[The application is actually iptraf ; but I think that is irrelevant.]

I can see the html file OK, but the PNG insets are replaced by
small triangles, which do not expand if I click on them.

When I move the PNG files to /var/www/html/ (my ServerRoot)
I can see them perfectly well.

I don't see a setting in /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf (or elsewhere)
which will allow me to see graphics in the cgi-bin directory.

Any and all suggestions gratefully received;
I'm running FC-4 with httpd-2.0.54-10.1.i386 .

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366