batch convert mp3 to ogg

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Tue Sep 6 16:09:28 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-02 at 10:53 -0700, Robert Bell wrote:
> I'd like to walk through my mp3 directory and subdirectories and convert
> all my files to ogg and put them in a the same structure under a
> different directory.  Is there something that does this? maybe someone
> could offer a script, I'm not as bash literate as some of you. Thanks !

I made an FC4 RPM of the famous mp32ogg perl script and its
dependancies. Answer me in private if you're interested in.

then, it's about a one line, if using zsh:

$ for MP3FILE (/**/*.mp3(.DN)) (cd $MP3FILE:h; mp32ogg $MP3FILE)

ZSH rulez...

--
Administration & Formation à l'administration
de serveurs dédiés: