tvtime in FC4 [SOLVED]

M Daniel R M danes16subscrip3 at ya.com
Tue Sep 6 21:29:40 UTC 2005

El mar, 06-09-2005 a las 00:53 +0200, Christoph Wickert escribió:

> Works4Me (tm). Adding the value to /etc/sysctl.conf should be the same
> as running "sysctl -w dev.rtc.max-user-freq=1024" besides it is restored
> or reboot. Does "sysctl -w dev.rtc.max-user-freq=1024" work as a
> temporary fix (till you reboot)?

It doesn't care now, Christoph. See at the bottom..

> > > I did the following:
> > >
> > > chmod u-s /usr/bin/tvtime  --> changing it back as when the begining
> > >
> > > gedit /etc/sysctl.conf --> added exactly that line
> > >
> > > then even a reboot....
> > >
> > > but that didn't solve the problem.
> > >
> > > Any other suggestion, please?
>
> What does
>
> sysctl dev.rtc.max-user-freq
>
> tell you?

What would be expected ...

[root at PRIMATES-PLM .tvtime]# /sbin/sysctl -w dev.rtc.max-user-freq=10
dev.rtc.max-user-freq = 10

--

Fortunately the issue has ended... Since it died so suddenly when trying
as a normal user, and they were _just_ the last lines before the segment

Even, I had reported to bugzilla of this as a new bug!!! What a silly
mind!, I expect that it doesn't get to be approved at all...!

As simple, as silly... as that (the outputs of the same):

[daniel at PRIMATES-PLM ~]$ cd .tvtime
[daniel at PRIMATES-PLM .tvtime]$ ls
stationlist.xml  tvtime.xml
[daniel at PRIMATES-PLM .tvtime]$ mv stationlist.xml stationlist.xml.back
[daniel at PRIMATES-PLM .tvtime]$ mv tvtime.xml tvtime.xml.back
[daniel at PRIMATES-PLM .tvtime]$ ls
stationlist.xml.back  tvtime.xml.back
[daniel at PRIMATES-PLM .tvtime]$ tvtime
Running tvtime 0.9.15.
Reading configuration from /etc/tvtime/tvtime.xml
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/home/daniel/.tvtime/tvtime.xml"
I/O warning : failed to load external entity
"/home/daniel/.tvtime/stationlist.xml"
station: No station file found, creating a new one.
Restarting tvtime.
Reading configuration from /etc/tvtime/tvtime.xml
Reading configuration from /home/daniel/.tvtime/tvtime.xml
/home/daniel/.tvtime/stationlist.xml: No existing PAL station list
"US-Cable".
Thank you for using tvtime.
[daniel at PRIMATES-PLM .tvtime]$

> Christoph