laptop power management help - Centrino M

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Tue Sep 6 22:52:04 UTC 2005

Kirk Glasgow wrote:

>  I have an HP Pavilion ze4906 laptop. 768MB ram, Intel Celeron M
>  1.4GHZ. Hope that helps.

I have an HP ze4315 that has an Athlon processor. These processors use
powernow K7.
I believe the Intel processors use some other power management scheme.
You might try investigating what scheme the Intel Celeron uses and if it
is similar to what the Pentium processors use. Speedstep sounds
familiar, but I am probably way off base w/ the "sounds familiar".

Hopefuly someone familiar with Centrino processors can relay the needed
components for your processor type.

Jim