FC4:ToUcam Pro II webcam (and astronomy.)

Colin Paul Adams colin at colina.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 7 15:59:10 UTC 2005

    Andrew> Hi All, Has anyone here managed to get the Phillips ToUcam
    Andrew> webcam working under Fedora Core 4?

Yes - I had it working (it's not working now - I think probably
because of an automatic kernel upgrade - I suspect if I just relink,
that will do the trick).
Hm. Just tried that - it's not quite so simple. I'll check it out
soon.

BTW, I had to patch the driver.

    Andrew> And, (even less likely,) has anyone here used said webcam
    Andrew> for astrophotography under FC4 (or FC3, come to that?)

No. How do you go about this (I was a childhood astronomer - might be
worth trying again).

--
Colin Adams
Preston Lancashire