xntpd sendto (possible hack?)

Lovell Mcilwain lovell.mcilwain at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 13:21:40 UTC 2005

Hello all,

I just installed a logwatch on my machine and ran it for the first time
just a few minutes ago.  It showed me something very interesting and it
was the only thing in the logwatch log.  Just a bunch of the same
entries.  The IP address varied but most of them looked like invalid
arguments except for about 3 of them that didn't.  See below:

 **Unmatched Entries**
 sendto(80.190.233.67): Invalid argument
 synchronized to 80.190.233.67, stratum 2
 synchronized to 80.33.117.152, stratum 3
 sendto(80.190.233.67): Invalid argument