Install

trickster ermy78 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 18:43:55 UTC 2005

I have downloaded Fedora from
http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/4/i386/iso/ twice,
and once from BitTorrent. I cannot seem to get an image that passes the
linux mediacheck test. I tried skipping this and going on to install but got
an error. I find it hard to believe that I have burned three consecutive
disks that were bad and also that after downloading three times the image is
bad. I'm trying to install this on a P4 3.0 GHz 800MHz FSB, 256 MB Ram, 80
GB SATA harddrive (which is why I chose SATA because it was one of the only
distributions that came with SATA support on the install disk, unless what I
read was wrong). Am I doing something wrong? I'm burning the image using
nero on a XP professional box. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Trickster

PS, sorry to those of you who are more experienced, I know these questions
can be annoying (answered a lot of GMP install problems myself) but I
greatly appreciate any help you can give me