ipw2200 wireless not working on Compaq Presario V2314AP [was: Re: ipw2200 wireless not working on Compaq Presario V2413AP]

Alimin Bijosono Oei alimin_oei at myrealbox.com
Fri Sep 9 02:40:09 UTC 2005

 >> Thanks Peter, I tried using acpi=off and it worked. Sound is working now
 >> and usb wireless mouse is too, so this is definitely an acpi issue. But
 >> is this that serious though? I mean, all I can read with my little
 >> knowledge from dmesg is that those features were recognised, it is just
 >> IRQ allocating problem. However, I would really like to be able to use
 >> acpi though for monitoring the battery status and also adjusting cpu
 >> frequency. Is there anyway to fix this? Will modifying the DSDT help in
 >> this case? Also, is Fedora 4's kernel allow the implementation of custom
 >> DSDT already or kernel recompilation is still needed for this purpose?

 > ACPI is responsible for a ton of different things - including
  > interrupt allocations. try acpi=noirq instead of your acpi=off now
and > see if it works still... try pci=routeirq if you need to....
 > Adjusting the DSDT is usually a pretty annoying task since you need
to > know the hardware pretty well and have lots of patience for testing...

That works perfect for me for now, cheers mate. Thank you for the prompt
response and sharing experience with Compaq laptop. I actually made a
mistake in quoting the series number of the laptop in case anybody else
got the same laptop and need a fix to the buggy acpi. It is actually
V2314AP and not V2413AP.

Alimin