limit number of process in top with non-interactive mode

mnikhil m mnikhil.juno at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 10:14:24 UTC 2005

Hi

Top command in Linux is allowing to control the number of processes only in
the
interactive mode. I want to control the number of processes in
non-interactive batch
mode. Is there any other version of top available ? Or is there a way to do
so with
the current version itself?

Note: Manual page for top is inappropriate with the command.
For example, "top 10" reports an improper use of command though it is valid
according to the man page.
 [Actually this is asked by one of my colleague, asking here as I am out of
answer :(]
 Regards,
Nikhil