sharing printer with samba in FC4 (SOLVED)

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 12:37:57 UTC 2005

Thanks all for your valuable advice,

>If you want to get rid of this "accessed denied"
status, in your smb.conf, make sure you have this line
under your [printer] section:

> use client driver = yes

I have installed the New version of samba and put the
line

use client driver = yes

on [printer] section of /etc/samba/smb.conf

uncommented
application/octet-stream  on
/etc/cups/mime.type and mime.convs

Though, the windows still complains with "access
denied" message, I can print from application ignoring
it as adviced by peter

>After having installed the network printer on the
Windows box, there will be a message "no connection,
access denied" or >something like that. In any case I
had to deal with it could savely be ignored. Printing
works anyway.

But one problem still remains. Though my text is
black,  printing from windows client seems to use all
three color ink to make it black, while I print from
linux it uses black.

One thing I couldn't understand on CUPS Driver option
is "Printout Mode" and "Resolution, Quality...". How
can I tell CUPS to decide on what ink to use depending
on the nature of the document being printed?

Thanks again for giving me your valuable time!

Good Day