Audio CD Burning with K3B in FC4

Deepak Shrestha d8888pak at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 15:10:23 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have a problem buring my mp3 files to audiocd from
k3b. when I drag and drop my mp3 files in audio cd
project, it gives me following error

-------------------------
"unable to handle the following files due to an
unsupported format:"
-------------------------

I guessed that there is no mp3 encoder libraries
present at this time. When I looked at k3b site,
requirements page states that it needs the "mad
libraries" but I think I have already intsalled the
"libmad" in my system as part of "MPlayer"
installation (and Mplayer is working fine).

Did I miss something?
or k3b doesn't support conversion of mp3 to audio
format?
Do I need to convert each mp3 to "wav" files before I
burn it as audio?

Thanks in advance for your valuable suggestion.

Deepak K. Shrestha