Kernel upgrade 2.6.13

Rakotomandimby Mihamina mihamina.rakotomandimby at etu.univ-orleans.fr
Fri Sep 9 17:34:50 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-09-09 at 17:44 +0200, Cédric MARCOUX wrote:
> Hi all!

Hi man,

> I "simply" want to upgrade 2.6.13 on my FC4 (398)

2.6.13 is not intended to be included into FC4, as far as I know.
May be FC5.

> The problem is that I really don't know how to do this???

Compiling kernel on a fedora is, according to me, not easy.
It would be on a Slackware, or a Debian, but on Fedora/Mandriva/SuSe, I
think it is a bit difficult.

That's becase of all the little things arround, like hardware detection,
and all the things that s supposed to ease the life of an user. and an
user is not supposed to compile kernel. it's an admin job.

Well, that's _MY_ opinion, and I really know many does not agree.

http://www.google.com/search?q=linux+kernel+compilation+howto

> Is this recommended?

I dont. Some others would.

--
Administration & Formation à l'administration
de serveurs dédiés: